Thread: New Villager
View Single Post

Old 11-24-2015, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
Congrats on your decision to move to The Villages. It is a fabulous place to live. Every village has it's pros and cons. You could make lists all day and still think of more things to consider.

No matter where you choose to live here, it is a wonderful place to live. You will find great neighbors and new friends. Everyone here is from someplace else and we all have that in common, if nothing else.

Some of the pros, for starters:
Pine Ridge has more elevation change to the land which makes it much more interesting than many of the other Villages.
There are new floorplans there that were not built before.
You will be close to several Recreation centers, both pre existing on Pinellas and Colony, and new ones to be built east of Morse.
You will be close to Colony shopping center for banking, shopping, dining.
You will have 4 Country clubs just a short golf cart ride away. Havana, Belle Glade, Bonifay and Evans Prairie.

Don't be afraid to get an electric cart. The new ones have 50-60 miles range and believe me, no matter how much you love your golf cart, you will not cover that much territory in a day. An electric will give you plenty of range if you become an educated shopper and are responsible about charging it properly. We bought 2 electrics and are sooooo very glad we did not buy gas. Loud, smelly and did I mention LOUD???

No matter which you choose, you will enjoy exploring in your golf cart. And do explore. You will find surprises around every corner.

We had a golf ambassador tell us today that he moved here because you can live like a millionaire here. I think he is really right. You have more options here than any where else we have ever seen. If you are bored here, there is just no hope for you!! LOL! We consider ourselves "still on vacation" after 1 1/2 yrs.

Moving here was the best thing we have ever done for ourselves. I think you will find the same. Welcome!

Good luck and enjoy every moment of your new lives here!!

Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

I still say and most people will disagree, that some villages have more appeal to what someone wants, than others, but you can never go wrong, living in TV.

That's why the average villager moves three times.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).