View Single Post

Old 11-24-2015, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Although the internet is full of info re: hams and CBs tripping, I notice many here have a hard time believing the cause to be ham radio operators. We all want to believe our neighbors “wouldn’t do that to me.” My personal experience with a Ham is a not good one. I find they are like pit bull owners, very defensive. They spent a lot on their equipment, enjoy talking to people around the world, and it’s legal. So if you have a problem with it, too bad. If my legal hobby causes you grief, too bad. That’s my personal experience with a ham operator. Obviously not all are alike, but I thought I’d share.

Is it possible there are one or more people with a mobile unit, riding around TV with higher than legal signal power, just having fun blowing CBs? Yes it is.

I wish that was not a possibility but yes, there are those that enjoy this type of prank.

I hope for all residents of TV this is not the case.

Best thing is to walk the neighborhood and look for large antennas. If you see one, knock on the neighbor’s door. Hopefully, it will not get slammed in your face as happened to me.

ARRL Helps Manufacturer to Resolve Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter RFI Problems