Thread: Title Insurance
View Single Post

Old 04-01-2008, 01:52 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Title Insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
I'm surprised about the comments about the lack of need for title insurance in Ohio. We owned 4 different houses in the Cleveland suburbs going back to 1964 and had title insurance on all of them. Initially it was strongly pushed by our Realtors and later when we were older and wiser, no one had to reccomend it, it was an automatic part of our closing process. Since then, in multiple states, we always bought title insurance. Wouldn't be without it.
Hi jjdees,

I think it was something that happened mostly in farming communities and in small towns where people had known each other for generations. Sometimes business in such places was done with just a handshake.

Things were just done differently in some places throughout the state, especially lots of years ago. But certainly no more.

You know what. Now that I think about it. In the small town where I grew up, there were a few houses that had been moved. Really. I saw a couple of them going down the street when I was really, really young. Maybe this explains why.

Boomer