View Single Post

Old 12-02-2015, 06:52 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

It is obvious that LED's are the future, and that they will be easier to find and will get cheaper to buy.
Even now there are many options to buy from and they are often on sale at Home Depot, Ace, Lowes, Amazon, etc.

As Suesiegal stated, some are dimmable and some are not. Since my original post was speaking about post lights, I did not mention the dimming aspect of them.

Some are a soft or warm white, while the higher K ratings are a whiter, blueish light.

It has been my experience that many Villagers want less than 120 watts of light. Half the homes have only one light bulb in them, and they are not a 120 watt bulb....they are usually 75 watts at best. I also understand that wattage and lumens are different. Most folks have found that using three 25 watt LED bulbs are more than sufficient. For those who have three regular 40 watt bulbs in their post light, it is rare to see all three lit.

Of course, you can check your HOA rules on this, but I doubt there are HOA police checking postlights with a digital light meter.

All I was trying to convey is that upgrading your postlight to an LED bulb(s) can save you a good amount of money.

Thanks! Frank