View Single Post

Old 04-09-2008, 03:09 AM
Gold member
Default Re: Life in the Villages--is it as great as everyione seems to say it is?

'Unexplainable' is a good way to put it. We came on Labor Day last year to visit close friends who had just moved here, and by the following day we sat down and began looking around with a salesperson! It suddenly struck me that 'this IS the rainy day'--you know, that day we're always saving for that sadly too often never comes. We bought in October, closed at the end of November, spent two weeks here around the holidays, and are now finishing up two months and have to head north for two months before we can get back. (We are snowbirds.) But in two months we feel at home, we love the ease of the lifestyle, we've made wonderful friends that naturally will evolve into closer friendships in time, and we find clubs and activities conveniently available to us in a setting that, at the risk of sounding trite, is too beautiful for words! My parents had retired to south Florida some 35 years ago, and my thought was always 'great for them but not for me.' Well, 'now I are one'.... Without a doubt we've 'let the good times roll!'