View Single Post

Old 01-07-2016, 05:53 PM
n/a

Understand that background checks will most likely NOT uncover any mental problems. It usually finds out if a person has a felony conviction. You do realize that a thorough background investigation like the one they do for a Federal clearance for classified information costs thousands of dollars, depending on how detailed they want to get with it.

Correct me if I am wrong, I do know about the Brady bill and I googled info on that before I posted. I think the point of this bill is to close the loop hole at gun shows which currently exempts these sellers from the paperwork.

Perhaps you don't understand that the two states that I have obtained a concealed carry permit, required classes, fingerprints, photos and background check before issuance.

The state in which this occurred required the gun to be registered and a concealed carry permit neither of which this guy had.

As far as being confronted by a person with a concealed weapon, I have no idea what you went through. I don't believe that a background check will always discover a person that had anger issues. Actually he was a scary little rabbit of a guy who was throwing rocks at dog...I asked him to stop and the the rest is history.

Thank you for the open discussion!