View Single Post

Old 01-08-2016, 06:36 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Your request for intellectual dialog is miss placed on this forum. I've been following this post as I too am concerned with status quo. I have carry permits in Florida and my old home state of Maine. Maine just implemented a new law that does not require any type of permit to carry a concealed firearm. If you are not a convicted felon and can maintain a body temperature around 98 degrees you qualify. I would have no problem with registering all my firearms and submitting myself to a stop and frisk policy. A mandatory federal licensing to carry with severe penalty for violation coupled with stop and frisk would reduce a good deal of the daily shooting we experience in this country. That would not infringe on 2nd amendment, IMO.
I agree. However, I would like to make one point. Stop and Frisk is a violation of our rights of search and seizure and the police having to obtain a search warrant. Just making a point, even if I have no problem with stop and frisk. However, remember there are always those energetic young police officers that may just stop and frisk you when you are carrying and automatically assume that you were the bad guy. I realize that this is not a normal occurrence but that's kind of why we have laws to protect us from unlawful search and seizure. For every good idea, there is also a possible negative aspect to it.