View Single Post

Old 01-10-2016, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I did a little reading and a little filing and my bowling ball feels pretty comfortable. I did a little more reading and practicing on my footwork and it's all coming back to me.
Now I need to find out what I can use to clean and maybe polish or wax the ball. I'm left handed so it's not so easy to find a ball on the rack drilled for a lefty.
Tom,
Use a good household degreasing detergent (simply orange or similar) to remove old OIL. Dry. Then use denatured alcohol to further clean the surface. DO NOT WAX OR APPLY ANY OTHER MATERAIL TO THE BALL. If you must, use the ball conditioner at the alley. The ball is intended to be as clean as possible to work correctly with the alley. If you apply any other coating, other than a cleaner (Tac-up) you will interfere with the path the ball will take on its way to the pins.
Also, do not try to have polish the ball, you will ruin it. The above are a temporary 'fix'. Balls absorb oil from the lanes, and the only way to completely clean the ball is drop it off at a pro shop for a few days to have it cleaned and resurfaced.
If you would like to discuss more, drop me a PM and I will give you my phone number.