View Single Post

Old 01-13-2016, 06:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Psst, I have a secret to tell you Republicans. The electoral college give a huge increased benefit to small population states and dilutes the vote of large states. Now, think if you can, what political party is dominant in small population states? Oh, yes it is the GOP. So go ahead and amend the Constitution if you want to damage the chances of GOP national candidates. No electoral college, meet President Al Gore.
Psst, do you even understand what you are saying? If there was no electoral vote, then the election would be based solely on popular vote, not state by state, but total vote. It would not matter the make up of how many Dems or Repubs in a county, it would be the total vote. Go with the total majority of votes in the COUNTRY, not by state. I don't care about the idiot Gore now. That is the past. Why is it that Liberals have to live in the past? They sure seem to forget about it when it comes to slavery and women's rights. They were the ones against it. I realize that liberals believe that it is much easier to allow the government to make important decisions for them.

If a Republican wins an election, the Dems always blame it on gerrymandering. They don't want to change the system, because then they will have no excuse for being losers. Another reason is they want to rig the elections by refusing to allow voter ID, which in reality is a constitutional mandate. The constitution says that the voter MUST be a citizen. The only way you can enforce that mandate is to mandate showing proof of citizenship. A voter ID card such as a voter registration card should require U.S. citizenship proof to obtain in order to be constitutional. I am surprised that someone hasn't taken this to the supreme court. Requiring voter ID is not disenfranchising anyone today. Everyone has to provide ID to fly, drive, purchase medicine, purchase alcohol, etc. There is no excuse, regardless of whining from the left.