Thread: 9 hole play
View Single Post

Old 01-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Default 9 hole play

I am totally confused as to exactly when I can play 9 holes. I do understand that both Evans Prairie and Lopez have one 9 hole which is not in the 18 hour rotation, all day.

The golf rate guide says that for winter/spring, 9 hole is after 1.30pm. But, I have had pro shops tell me that I cannot play 9 until after 2pm and when I spoke to Bonifay staff was told I could only start a 9 hole round between 1.30 and 2pm.

Also, I am told various responses concerning unlimited play should I decide that I want s few extra holes. The guide clearly says ulimitted play after 9 holes after 1.30pm 'subject to availability'. At some courses I am told that yes I can play on at the turn if there is space. At a couple of courses, I am told in uncertainty that there is no unlimited play.

Don't get me wrong I am not trying to get out if playing and paying for a full 18 holes, as a full 18 mostly is what I do. But occasionally and usually due to weather I do not get to start until the afternoon and cannot see paying for 18 holes when time only allows me 12 or so holes. And the guide does say I can play on with a tee time after 1.30pm subject to availability.

I was recently told that I could not play 9 holes after 2pm on Evans Prairie except on the Egret and I would have to pay the 18 hole rate for Killdeer/Osprey after 2pm. Perhaps, The Villages Golf need to re-camp the guide to reflect the individual rules, other than what is in the rates guide that each course is using .