View Single Post

Old 01-14-2016, 12:48 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonrich View Post
We used AAA in PA to book a cruise to NZ and Australia on Princess Cruise Lines to sail on 3/2. The trip was set up in June of 2015 to sail in March of this year. We took out the Travel Insurance and flex air line reservations all done through Princess. We now have to cancel our trip due to health reasons just discovered. Contacted the AAA travel agent about 2 weeks ago to start the process. I also sent a letter from my Physician giving the reason for the cancellation, advising that I not travel, etc.
We believe the Agent is dragging their heels about cancelling and not responding to our phone calls, which has been off and on at best. Also the Manager of that branch was not much more helpful. I called Princess Cruise and explained our concern, and was told that it had to go through the Agent. Princess agent comment was the AAA agent does not want to lose the commission. The cruise and flights has been paid. Princess said I could go through any AAA agent to do the deed, and that it did not have to be the original agent we booked through. I find it hard to believe that a Florida agent would do that and go over the head of the original booking agent.

Any thoughts out there?
Instead of calling, maybe you could just go there. Might help things along. Hard to imagine they are doing this so not to lose the commission. I've had to cancel before and never a problem.
I must say though, shame on Princess for accusing the AAA rep of that. Very, very unprofessional on their part.