View Single Post

Old 04-12-2008, 02:44 AM
Default Re: Life in the Villages--is it as great as everyione seems to say it is?

My wife and I visited The Villages in November and were amazed at the place. We looked at a few other Over 55 Communities that were nice, but didn't have the overall attraction and type of lifestyle. I brought my married 37 yr. old son with me in March to show him. He was so taken with The Villages that HE WANTED TO MOVE THERE! Of course, he'll have to wait a few more years, but he's looking foward to visiting us if we make the move.
We are originally from NY, but have lived in Minneapolis for 10 years. Although we're getting to the point where we could do without the long winters, we'd have to trade it for the long hot summers. Like most of you, we also have a couple of grandkids, 5 and 7, who we'll miss, but as they get older they'll be into other activities and Grandma & Gramps won't quite have the same appeal. I agree with the others, that in the two short experiences we had there, everyone we met did seem very friendly. Are there any negatives, like hidden fees/costs? Hopefully, we will become residents within the year and will see you all in the Square for Rocky & The Rollers!