View Single Post

Old 04-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Life in the Villages--is it as great as everyione seems to say it is?

I am a single female, have been living here for 5 years, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I wouldn't trade this for anything. A friend of mine started a single women's club a couple of years ago for women who just want to have friends to do things with and not be looking for a relationship. It started with 45 women and now is about 200 members. We do all sorts of things. A group is going to Homosassa Springs today. We schedule dinners, movies, kayaking, bowling, miniature golf, shuffleboard, pickleball, shopping, day trips to the zoo, Tampa Bay baseball games - I can't even think of everything. Plus, there are all sorts of activities in TV a single woman can do - you just have to be assertive and do it. Sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day for what I want to do. I was lonely as hell when I lived in CT - TV has opened up a whole new life for me!! My family has said this is the happiest they have ever seen me.