View Single Post

Old 01-16-2016, 10:11 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
My turn to state the obvious...over age 55 community...many in their 70's, 80's & 90's. Many still driving when they should not...can't see squat...have the reflex's of a stick and still think they should be driving. Also many people on cell phones, chatting(and when you're older your attention span is sometimes that of a 3 year old).

Now go on...add it all up and it's a wonder there are not more accidents. The gate arms should be made of nerf and the posts at some of the cart intersections should be that flexible flat plastic that just bounces right back up when run over.

Now I could get into the bazillion meds people take. Many that tell you not to drive/operate heavy machinery(some folks don't think a 3000b car is heavy machinery)while on them. Many say they can cause dizziness, blurred vision and sleepiness.

So you're probably getting the picture now. Lastly take into account all those renters who come here to party and think....woooheee...I'm in the villages and I don't live that far...few cops around...lets drive home drunk...whooop! Was that a gate arm I hit? Nah...didn't feel a thing.....
Sad but true, but also true for many pre-seniors!!