View Single Post

Old 04-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory
It is a terrible thing that was done to them but I will tell you that very few new buyers were told everything about being a home owner in the Villages.*
It is impossible to be told "everything."* No one is told everything.* Speaking generally, there are too many of us who play "victim".** The "solution" is what we want now.* TalkHost intends to be proactive in getting a solution which we will all hopefully help him achieve.*

The formula is:* Be proactive at the beginning to avoid the problem; or be proactive later to resolve the problem.* "Later" requires much more work and pain.* We should not fully rely on others to avoid potential problems when we are healthy and coherant.

Speaking for my purchase/sales experience, every question I asked was confirmed to have been answered truthfully.* But it was up to me to ask the questions and to ask enough questions to know what other questions to ask.* To the extent that we don't do this, there will be more work at the other end required to repair the situation that results.

Just last night I dreamed that I bought a house at the end of an airport runway and couldn't do anything about it.* Boy did I wake up with a foul headache. But hopefully these kinds of nightmares will serve as a reminder to me...
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley