View Single Post

Old 04-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: An investment club (for learning)

I would be most interested in checking out something like this. I'm basically a buy and hold type, though I really haven't bought that much. I've still got my Lucent that I picked up at about $75. If I'd bought Enron, I'd probably still have it with my Pan Am and TWA stock. When my friends were all making and losing fortunes day trading in the 90's, I was dismissing it as a fluke. There was one fellow in the office who really did make a fortune. I'd worked with this guy for a number of years and knew full well that he wasn't any more intelligent than me or several other coworkers. Yet he kicked ass on the market. :dontknow: I tried to learn from him but failed. To this day, I don't understand how a company's stock can skyrocket when they have no product, no sales, no prospects, only expenses. I know I'd have been better off dumping some individual stocks and maybe putting the money in funds or maybe under a mattress, but inertia and ignorance have kept me from acting. I'd love to understand the system a bit better and learn a few of the simpler tricks of the trade. Though most of my savings are now tied up in dental bills, :yikes: I do still have a few small investments I'd like to save.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e