View Single Post

Old 04-14-2008, 10:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

llaran
I think your wrong..........yes the "onhus" is on the buyer but the trains do not run all day long or the smell from the sewage plant may only occur after "whatever'. The agent or whoever is really familiar with the area has a responsibility to tell the prospective owner of the train or smell issue. I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE for I just recently had a situation where a buyer of a resale home in our developement made a decision between our home on a 1/2 lot ( and up for over a year) to one backing up to a narrow golf course in our community. When we realized what the competition was, our agent informed the buyers agent, who was not familair with our development, of the potential problem with golf balls in the yard but he did nothing. His client bought this house because they have 2 small children (to use the yard) and believe me they willl not be able to use that yard without hard hats.
This couple was from Mississippi and how would they have known about the narrow course or even the risks associated with a golf course.