View Single Post

Old 01-25-2016, 08:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
So if I am a "visitor" to TV while my house is rented out, am I able to use my resident ID as normal or do I forfeit that privilege becuz the renters get temp IDs as part of my rental? If the latter, then they pay $50 to obtain, yet I continue to pay my amenity fee but can't use the amenities? Sounds like TV is double dipping if this is true.
I've rented my home as a long-term rental ever since I closed in May, 2012. Mom and I both had to turn in our Resident IDs as soon as we rented our home. I signed a form so my renters could get non-resident IDs that didn't require them to renew their IDs every month (I can't remember the official name of the IDs.). Their ID is a different color than the Resident IDs and are good for 2 or 3 years. (I really need to look up the color and the length of time!)

When Mom and I visit TV, we have to pay $50 for temporary Resident IDs that has the dates of our visit on it. I must admit it bugs me to get the temporary Resident IDs as we are only in TV for two weeks when we visit!

The same rule applied when my renters had temporary Resident IDs.