View Single Post

Old 02-01-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Chatbrat- you are SO wrong. We rent our home in the villages- we are normally rented from October to April. EVERY RENTER we have had has been VERY high class. You realize these people lay down HALF the high season rent a year ahead of time. People that can drop over $5000 a year ahead of time are not Slobs. I am VERY offended by your post.

In fact, several of the posts in this thread IMPLY that renters are not as good as full timers or even snowbirds who own. I plan on moving into my house eventually when I finally retire. Based on my experience and observations of "full timers" homes, Renters keep their homes NICER because they want their security deposits back.

The bottom line is this - there are not enough rental homes to handle all the people who want to rent. The rents go up every year, but the PERCENT of homes that are rented has not gone up, just the number because there are so many more homes.

Ed

Agreed. [emoji106]

We also rent our home only during the high season until we move here full time next year. We are extremely picky about our renters...no children, no long term overnight guests. We have had no complaints from our neighbors & I do ask. They are very respectful of the property. We in turn have Deans for our lawn service so the property is kept in good order. I too take offense to your statement. We are not all created equal. Most of us do care!!!