View Single Post

Old 02-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
My wife has an electric cart and loves it. I have a gas cart and I love it. My greatest concern with electric is that I might run out of juice far from home. In fact, I have shaken my head when I've seen electrics "out of juice" along the roads or MMPs. But guess what? Last week both my wife and I forgot to plug her cart in after a busy day covering TV with out-of-town friends. We then drove 10 miles to play golf, golfed 18 holes and then headed back home. We didn't make it. We were then "one of those stuck along the side of an MMP". We called Cart Aide and they were there in 20 minutes, so I and my friend waited, along with our wives for CA to arrive. We chastised ourselves for having been so stupid (which did no good) but it only emphasized to me that *I'm* better off with the greater security of a gas cart.

So that ends my story. Best of luck with your decision. Oh, and BTW, my cart is nearly new and the noise is minimal and I have *never*, do date, had an issue with the smell, and I have a pretty good sniffer (it is also fairly large but still works quite effectively).
Get your wife a digital volt meter for the dash. Nice Valentine's Day gift . You would have known something was up before ever going out that day.