View Single Post

Old 04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Misc Happy Talk/Hijack Heaven

Hey Sam,

Thanks for the invite.

Sometimes it is just plain fun to have somewhere with a lot of things going on all at once.

I am goofing off, waiting for Mr. Boomer to finish mowing so we can run away together.

I had planned to work in the yard, but Spring just can't make up her mind whether she is here to stay or not. Usually by now, I have been able to do my Red Queen Routine and run out into the yard with the pruning shears while I shout, "Off With Their Heads," and go after the Knockout roses. It is just too cold out there -- still.

But at least the grass is now officially green. And Mr. B can be out there with his beloved ZTR. It is just like that commercial that is running on television right now with the guys all firing up their mowers. We all live on acre lots so they ride usually.

Sometimes Mr. Boomer mows for the neighbors, too, just for fun, and it always makes them happy when they get home from work to find a perfectly mowed yard. They all still work. We are the only geezers. The early retirees. The slackers. But our younger neighbors have said that they will watch out for our house when we finally get to spend some time in Florida. So it all works out.

Mr. Boomer loves to mow grass. I don't even know how. So that is happy talk, too.

So there's my contribution for the Happy Hijacker. Thanks.

Enjoy your day out there in TOTVland.

Boomer