Thread: Colony Publix
View Single Post

Old 02-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
I know many people have posted about the overcrowding at the Colony Plaza Publix shopping area. However today, was by far the worst I have ever seen,(in the six yrs I lived here) I am sure the Super Bowl, has something to do with it, but not only were there no parking places, there were no grocery baskets, when I finally found a place to park, by Beall's I walked to the store to find no baskets, , the aisles were so crowded you could not even get down them, the lines to check out were backed up so far, people were blocking the main aisle . People were raging, complaining and literally I thought we would have a riot in the store. Now that S of 466A is almost complete the population has grown, and than we have the snowbirds, renters and Fruitland park residents adding to the problem, Why didn't the Villages realize that with new growth shopping is at a premium, The Publix on 44 is virtually empty, and I now plan to drive the extra distance to shop there (for my own sanity) until the mass leaves. The Villages did a poor job planning on the additional homes with no shopping available, except for Colony. Patience is non existent and the rudeness and actions of those I witnessed today, was disgraceful. People you are retired, chill out and smile. This is the South, and no one is in a hurry, if you don't like it stay up North.
You will have the new Publix right down the end of Morse for the next high season, the sky is not falling!!..