View Single Post

Old 02-06-2016, 12:46 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Just read through this whole thread, and as a former Reefer, totally get what you are saying and agree. I do have one question - you don't really address Reverse Osmosis at all. The problem with RO is the flow rate, but you can get around that with a tank. Can you go over why you don't fee an RO system is necessary? .
Well there are pros & cons with RO, at most you may want it for drinking and cooking but not anything else in the home, too expensive for the flow rate, yes a tank would work but then that tank needs a pump to deliver water to home.

All 4 of my aquarium stores on Long Island have such systems, I installed a 700 gallon a day RO with a 1,000 gallon tank and pump it to the fish systems for water changes and acclimation. Cost was about $6,000.

But the stores have about 9,000 gallons of fish & coral tanks

Back to a typical home

For that we can do a under sink RO with a faucet next to the sink.

But as you know an RO strips all the minerals out of the water, great for reef/fish tanks but most folks need those minerals.

So it's a matter of choice not necessity.

In my opinion, the water filtered by the triple Nova system more than meets the needs of having great water at a very reasonable price.

Did I answer your question with enough detail?