View Single Post

Old 02-07-2016, 09:16 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
It is in the political forum because that is where the moderators have placed the thread. Not clear why. It would seem the #4 post is from the moderator although everyone's name is guest here. #4 states the rules for this website and the inquiry was whether those rules are ongoing as it was posted in 2009.
I have seen two recent threads, not political, which begin

Sumter County Sheriff's Office warning residents about nomadic criminal threat
Burglars caught with Polish Passports

followed by the entire article from villages dash news dot com. Both this site and that are commercial enterprises which derive their income from sales of advertising whose cost is based on users. It would seem clear that possible loss of views to the news dot com site is the reason we are prohibited from linking to that site... TOTV doesn't want us going there. So I am asking if the moderator/owner of TOTV is going to allow content from that site to be wholesale copied onto this one or it still feels that

applies. Frankly I am surprised that this user wasn't taught better by her mother not to steal other people's work. <g>
That does seem to violate fair use. Not the jokes though which seem to be all over the place on the Internet and often have no known author.