View Single Post

Old 02-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Default Purchasing brand/generic drugs from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfette View Post
Does anyone know of any reputable Canadian pharmacies and/or gotten any prescription drugs from Canada?
My prescription coverage maxes out at $1,500, so for the brand drug ADVAIR (GlaxoSmithKline - GSK) for 3 months is retail $1,100. I can get the generic Serevent manufactured by GSK outside the US for around $100ish and pay out of pocket. My doctor up north would always write 2 scripts for the same med so I could use one under my insurance and the other ordered from a Canadian outlet outside the US.

I use down here Canadian Discount RX Services in Belleview. I scan the script, attach it to an email, they call me back, and it is charged to a CC. I am very specific about what med I want, and have found NO DIFFERENCE between what I can get from the brand vs. the generic. In fact, for Spiriva, the delivery method is much better for the generic - Tiova with the Rotahaler - than the brand here in the US, and my doctor up north agreed.

Always, caveat emptor, but I have been very happy ordering thru the Canadian supply chain. Just because it's manufactured in India doesn't necessarily mean it is ineffective.