View Single Post

Old 02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
This is what we get when the special interest groups, pharmaceutical industialsists in this case, can donate to a party or congressmen or both and get special treatment.

Good for the pharmaceuticals, good for the politicians and we the people get the shaft.

Remind me who it is these clowns in Washington represent? And who is it that continues to be stupid enough to continue re-electing these clowns.

They do it because we the people either allow it or just as usual do nothing about it but complain.

This is where a little of the Trump attitude might send the politicians and the special interest groups packing. We should at a minimum be letting them know we know what they are doing.

However they have become insensitive to our needs and accustomed to the facts that nobody will interfere.

We are getting what we deserve.
[My emphasis above.]

I couldn't agree more!

"Medicare did not cover outpatient prescription drugs until January 1, 2006, when it implemented the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit, authorized by Congress under the 'Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003.' "

From the time Medicare Part D was created in 2003 and was implemented in 2006, I could see it would be a disaster for seniors and—and vocally said so—in terms of cost of drugs and donut holes. It was clear that it was designed to serve the pharmaceutical and insurance industries and not the senior citizenry. The "clowns," to use the word in the quote, who foisted this on us are no longer in office. And we can remember too that at first it was made illegal for seniors to purchase prescriptions drugs out the U.S.!

I filled a prescription in Canada (rather than through a Canadian pharmacy in the U.S.), and the cost for a three-month supply was $162. I just went to refill it using my Part D plan last week, and its cost would have been $603! I declined it and instead will get it filled in Canada again. Simply outrageous!

Last edited by Quixote; 02-08-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fix formatting