View Single Post

Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Default Re: Update on the train in my back yard in Chatham

Sorry but I have to throw in my two cents worth. A few posts back someone said that "real estate agents are only interested in one thing, their commission". I am a realtor and of course commissions are important--we all have to make a living--but I have to say that I know many agents both in and out of our agency and the honorable and dedicated agents far outnumber the very few bad apples (who usually lose their licenses anyway). We DO care about our clients (and customers) and the majority of us would be straight shooters regardless if we were governed by the strict laws and rules of the National Association of Realtors and various state laws or not. One final comment, if all we cared about were commissions we would not spend hours and hours driving people around who are "just looking" and "just thinking about buying or selling two or three years from now. We would give them a couple of hours and then move on. I love what I do, and hate to see everyone tarred with the same brush. Okay, now I'll climb off my soapbox!
Johannesburg, London, Wiesbaden, Fairfield CA, Tokyo, Rock Hill SC, Myrtle Beach, Denver, Baltimore, Bangkok, Hongkong, Rutland VT, New York NY, Seneca SC, and next (and last stop as soon as we sell our house) The Villages.