Thread: Open Play Rules
View Single Post

Old 03-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Sage

I'm just gonna throw something out there. It may not apply. Just disregard if that is the case...

If it's like pickleball, "open play" is specifically so anybody...even a single...can go to the courts and get in line to be paired up with whomever is next to them in line and play a game? I know pickleball has "beginner', "intermediate", "advanced" and such so generally like-skilled players can play together. But it is a wonderful system . You can just go any time there is "open play" scheduled and know you'll get a game.

This is different than those times when there is nothing scheduled on the courts, including "open play". In other words, it's called "open play". But it is a scheduled event for all qualified players. When there is nothing scheduled (including "open play") at a set of pickleball courts, and the courts are open, this...again from my understanding...is when a group of friends can go play together and fully expect to have nobody try to horn in on their game.

Is it possible this same sort of system is set up for water volleyball? Open play is for anybody who wishes to come and join a game? Pool time when nothing is scheduled would then be when friends could get together for their own private game?