View Single Post

Old 03-29-2016, 09:24 AM

They may include a couple golf courses and a rec center or two in Fenney, but more Fenny residents will be coming to the existing contiguous villages for activities than the reverse. They will not be widening Morse Blvd. or Buena Vista, for increased traffic, nor adding extra gates where lines already sometimes exist.

Perhaps most importantly it confirms how much many home buyers were lied to when told that "this is the final village", and that the developer has now eliminated the need for additional villages to even be contiguous to "The Villages". They are opening the floodgates and now there is no limit is sight. If they can toss in thousands of new houses from 4 miles outside "The Villages", I see nothing preventing them from doing the same 10 miles away, or 30 miles away, etc. In effect, they are selling perpetual yearly passes to this adult Disneyworld to anyone they wish to, thus revealing the lie of having been told the amenities are only available to residents of "The Villages". Yes, they neglected to add that the definition of "The Villages" will always be open to change by the developer.
I will be glad to be shown otherwise, but at this point I see no impediment to the developer taking over other developments in which houses already exist, and bringing them "into the fold". Sure, they will make more money building houses, but if demand for that declines, will they really refuse to open another money tap just because it is less profitable?