View Single Post

Old 03-29-2016, 10:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Are you saying that he intentionally tried to mow you down? I don't think so. As I understand it, unless you were exiting right onto El Camino, you were in the wrong lane and cutting across his exit. If he did not, he should have been signaling that he was exiting. The SUV is not allowed to change lanes once in the roundabout or stop. Vehicles already in the roundabout have the right of way. Vehicles are not required to stop there to see what bicyclists might do, either. Anyone should always signal their intent when exiting, as well. Do the bikers just cruise on around until their exit and then keep going out of the roundabout or do they signal that they are exiting? If not, they should.
I don't ride bicycles anymore, and I don't know the practices of the group in question. What I can say is that, from my experiences here in TV, the bicyclists are very clear with their signals in rotaries. I would also say that they use the proper lanes in the rotary, given their plans to exit. I try to be extremely cautious about them in the rotaries, particularly because of the difficulty in observing those on recumbent bikes. If I could only get them to use 2x4 flags instead of those dinky orange triangles. It would be much easier to see them.