View Single Post

Old 04-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I was doing my laps at Doggie Doo Run Run in the back field and approached the picnic table. The first lap went OK. The second time I just put my hand out to perhaps pet Harlow but it started barking. The third time around I got close and Harlow acted like (s)he wanted to kill me with his barking and aggressive stance. I did not get my fourth lap in because I was scared I was going to get bit or worse mauled badly by this pit bull mix type dog (maybe boxer and pit bull). This kind of behavior should not be displayed at a private nor public dog park unless the dog is leashed even then I believe it is inappropriate and puts people at risk who are just using the park for their own and their dog's enjoyment.

I did warn one man who was going into the big dog park as it seems that Harlow has a problem with men. I was not carrying any kind of stick nor did I raise my voice to complain about Harlow's behavior to these two women one of whom I know fairly well and like from talks at the dog park.

I did not warn everyone coming into the dog park about Harlow though as I hope that Harlow's owner would have the common sense to leash Harlow and get him out of the dog park ASAP.

Nothing bad happened but I just wanted to document it and warn the male users of Doggie Doo Run Run to watch out for Harlow.

Maybe it is me or one of the women has some problem we me individually but I do not even know the name of the owner of Harlow. It is a younger aged maybe 30 or thereabouts lady.

This happened about 11:50 am 4/1/2016 at the backfield of Doggie Doo Run Run and was witnessed by the owner of Jade along with Harlow's owner.

This is not an April Fool's joke and I will talk to the owners' of Doggie Doo Run Run-- Scott and Laura-- tomorrow about this.

The dog Harlow was still playing with Jade when I left Doggie Doo Run Run about 12:00 AM 4/1/2016.

Jade is a sweet pit bull mix which I have never had any problem with the number of months I have been around her so I do not have a problem with pit bull mixes in general. Harlow though seems to have a very serious problem around men.
I reported this to Laura but not in as much detail at about 11:50 AM this Sunday 4/3/2016. She did not recall what the owner of Harlow looks like but does know Jade's owner as these two pit bull mixes (at least, that is what they look like to me) play together a lot.

One thing. There are a few dogs that look a little like Harlow but are not the same kind of very protective and sometimes aggressive dog. I petted a dog that looked a little bit like Harlow this morning and it seemed quite happy about it. This was a thinner probably boxer/pit bull mix and was also younger or looked that way.

I will not go into the back field at DDRR now though if I see Harlow there or will stay as far as possible away from him and its owner if it comes in while we are there.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 04-03-2016 at 11:54 AM.