View Single Post

Old 04-12-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Try deleting all of your ToTV short cuts. Go into your browser and clear the cache, and history. You may also need to reboot. Then try going the ToTV again. This appears it could be a problem on your PC, or on the DNS server that you are connecting to by your internet service.
Also, make sure your antivirus software is up to date.

Hope this helps.
I'm having same problem with Ceturylink. I had the problem with both of my Windows 7 computers using IE, Chrome and Firefox. I took my laptop to Eisenhower rec center and used their WiFi and it worked fine. It's specific to Centurylink and using Wifi and only when trying to access the TOV website. When you try to log into TOV you get redirected to different phishing sites. Dumping browser cache won't help. I am able to get on TOV by turning off WiFi and using a cable to connect directly to the router. I was able to access TOV on my Android phone when connected to Centurylink WiFi.

I spoke with Centurylink support today and suggested a problem with DNS. The first level tech went and spoke with a second level tech after I described the problem. He directed me to PC support as they said there was nothing wrong with my internet connection. Before I called them I did a system restore on both Windows 7 machines, ran virus checkers and reset the router (not rebooted but reset). All to no avail. I'm glad I've read this and another thread on this problems as I know that the TOV staff and Centurylink are aware of the problem (and are hopefully working on it).

If I don't have WiFi access tomorrow I'll call Centurylink support again. It's a painful process so hopefully they will have it fixed ( or have a fix we can apply) by then.