View Single Post

Old 04-27-2016, 05:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
To all TOTV Users:

It is many times difficult to navigate and use any full version website on a mobile phone. To make it a better user experience, web sites will often produce a condensed version of the website to be automatically displayed when accessing through a mobile phone.

The TOTV Team has been diligently working on this mobile phone version and plan to release this over the next several days to all users! We are excited to be able to offer you this improved user experience and hope that you find it even more enjoyable to keep up with all the latest that is going on in The Villages Florida!

Please see answers to frequently asked questions in regards to this new enhancement:

Q: What do I need to do as a user to experience this new enhancement?
A: Nothing. When you access the site through your mobile phone you will automatically see the mobile phone version displayed.

Q: Will I be able to log in and access all the great features of TOTV through my user account?
A: Yes. You will use your exact same log in credentials and can log into TOTV through your mobile phone and have access to post a thread, reply, use chat box, Private messaging, and the classifieds as well as everything that you could through the desktop version.

Q: This sounds like a lot of work. Will everything function perfectly?
A: This has been a huge development project. As can be expected with any web development like this there very well could be 'bugs' that need to be corrected. If you experience an issue please use the contact us at the bottom of the webpage or you can reply to this thread and we can research and correct.

Q: What is the cost of this new enhancement?
A: FREE. As with any aspect of the TOTV website every feature is 100% free. This is made possible by the site sponsors so please use them whenever possible and let them know you found them on TOTV!

Attention TAP-A-TALK users: Tap-A-Talk is an app that a user downloads and uses in place of a website that has a mobile friendly version of the website. We are not affiliated with this company. As a result we will not support Tap-A-Talk going forward. So you may find that Tap-A-Talk may not work on your mobile phone with TOTV in the future. Please begin using the mobile phone version after we release this to everyone so you can begin to migrate from Tap-A-Talk to the mobile friendly version of TOTV without any interruptions.

Below is a sneak peek at some screen shots of how the new mobile version will look on an iPhone.

Thank you in advance for reading this notice and for all your support!

TOTV Team

TalkofTheVillages.com serving The Villages for 10 years! The #1 website in The Villages Florida!
So I still have to access TOTV on your actual website? Tapatalk is a quick and easy app...are you considering making an app for TOTV?

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk