View Single Post

Old 05-03-2016, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peddieace View Post
I have some neighbors and friends who rent their properties and allow those folks to use their golf cart. I don't understand it. Villages insurance will not cover under homeowners. Not worried about damage to the cart as much as traumatic injury to driver/passenger. any thoughts?
As a 30 year insurance agent for Allstars I have never read a policy that would protect the owner of the cart under a rental situation. All policies , HOME AND GOLF CART POLICIES will explicitly declare under exclusions of the policy any commercial or for hire. Let me say the owner of the cart will always be the first party sued so when you let someone else use your cart visiting or loan it out everything you own but a disability check is riding in that cart. Rent your house with a cart is a commercial exposure and spicifically excluded from coverage as far as liability is concerned and your assets. Just like an auto policy, covers you for anyone you give permission to drive, but provides no coverage for the person driving . It has to be classified business rental to have coverage. You are better off renting without a cart and letting the renter rent from a rental company. I have seen claims denied and would never provide a cart. Kill someone by that driver causing an accident and owner of cart is liable first, driver second. Hope this helps. I would have to see cart for hire in a policy to accept coverage