View Single Post

Old 05-11-2016, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
But..."stirring trouble" is from your perspective. I still don't understand why you try so hard to control the dialogue to suit your perception of what is acceptable discussion. Diversity of opinions and topics is what makes a forum interesting. Maybe don't look so hard for underlying/hidden agendas, and take comments at face value until proven otherwise. It's a much more productive way to participate in a forum. You like to post things you like about TV. That's great. I also read the Daily Sun when I want to feel good and cozy. Other people like to post about things they don't like about TV. That's their prerogative. Many people want to discuss the good AND the bad of TV. Shutting down other people's opinions is not conducive to good communication.
Excellent advice, but that isn't how I am wired. I taught young children for decades and my first reaction is to find and mention the good. I also was raised by a strict family in the Midwest and that makes me sound kinder than I am.

I don't mind a good debate but I don't like a lot of slinging around glittering generalities and half truths and thinly disguised negativity based on jealousy of the Morses. Or just plain trouble making by folks who enjoy that kind of stuff. Let us agree that you be you and I will be me.................lying in wait.......for you my pretty and your little dog too.