View Single Post

Old 05-15-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Hi Bosbab! In what neighborhood do you live? Most homes below 466A, except for some in Sanibel and Charlotte, have a programmable thermostat which you can set your humidistat, however, it is a bit different than the ones you can install below the thermostat which cost approx. $200. If you have one of the newer ones, your humidity should be set at 60% and your temp no higher than 83*. This will allow the a/c to start working when either the humidity or temperature in the home exceeds 60% or 83*. If you have an after market one, you should set the humidistat at 60% and a/c at 78*. This kind of humidistat works off the humidity alone in your home and if it exceeds 60%, will allow the a/c to start working. I frequent many homes with both kind during the summer months and some homes with the kind installed below the thermostat on the wall, which operate by the humidity alone, the temperatures can reach as high as 89* in the homes.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me a private message with your #.
We'll be closing on our home in Charlotte soon, how can I tell if the home has a humidistat? In the newer homes would it be built into the programmable thermostat or is it a separate device?