View Single Post

Old 05-25-2016, 08:39 PM

I really appreciate the warning. Sometimes we forget there is crime almost everywhere (except maybe a monastery).

But for myself I have to be realistic. I am of an age where remembering what I had for breakfast sometimes is on a par with remembering how to do the math section in the SAT's. And being new to golf cart commuting, I have recently forgotten to take the keys out of the cart, left the lights on and didn't put the foot break on. Remembering to lock my clubs would just add another section to my SAT's. So if there is a wolf in our paradise chicken coop, and he is randomly lucky enough to pick on my cart, I will just contact my insurance company and at least limit my loss to $500.

However, there is an asset out there that I think could help this problem - those shiny white neighborhood watch cars driving around at 2 and 3 am. I truly wonder how many thieves they are scaring away. First, the most likely target would be an open garage door. I have walked around our neighborhood during that time when I could not sleep. The only one I ever saw open was mine, which I had forgotten close when I left for my walk. I think a patrol of these guys in the club parking lots during the day would prevent a lot more thefts than early morning patrols.