Thread: Girl Talk
View Single Post

Old 05-09-2008, 07:15 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Girl Talk

Barefoot,

"Put everything you want to take out on the bed and have a look at it. Then take half the stuff and hang it back in the closet." The rest of the sentence after clothing on the bed is to take double the amount of money you think you need.

Since we travel a lot I do the stomp shower wash. I take the clothing I need to wash, soap them up and throw them into the shower. I then stomp on them as I shower. Then there is always laundry service.

I can identify with not knowing what to bring. I check the weather for the area and then think what if it is warmer, colder, rainy etc. Whatever the size of the suitcase I am bringing I fill it up.

I have tried those special bags and decided that was a waste of money, rolling up clothing seems to really help. Stopped using the bags where I fold everything very neatly, time consuming and the bags take up room.

Somehow it all works out. My Best Advice is to take the largest purse you can find and fill it with the items you can not fit into the suitcase. My purse has weighed over 30 pounds at times. They never weigh purses.

I have a leather jacket that has pockets on the outside and the inside liner. All I will say is I am to embarrassed to tell you what that weighed.

Have fun making these major decisions in life. Just remember there are stores where ever you go. I have a friend who takes and wears clothing that she is planning to give away. She leaves the clothing where ever she is and fills her suitcase with all the items she bought along the way. Staff where she leaves the clothing always appreciate it.

HB