View Single Post

Old 05-30-2016, 06:59 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I know better but I'm assuming the scumbag coward was directed at me. If you can ever find a post where I disparaged a Vet on Memorial Day or otherwise, let me know. I may tease jarheads and jet jockeys, but I would rather cut off my right arm than put down those who served our country with honor, whether in war or in peace.
Do you say the same about the poor German soldier in WWII? He was "honorably" following the orders of psychopaths too. What if he knew/knows what he was/is doing was/is wrong? Is he still honorable?

MOST "wars" are political. The peasants are used a pawns. End them and don't let them start new ones.

When WAS the last "legal war" where Congress declared war? WWII with the "fake surprise" Pearl Harbor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"although I wholeheartedly agreed that Vietnam was an obscenity.

I'll say a special prayer for my mother and all military brats. Their tours may have been more difficult than those who actually served. Sitting, waiting and praying is frequently harder than doing." -- Red

You "disparage" a Vet by demeaning their service with your judgement. If you don't see it in your words, then you are more naive than I thought. It IS your prerogative to do so, but don't act injured when you are called out on it. Condescension is just as bad as bad mouthing it.
They've all been an obscenity.

They shouldn't have been there, the troops deployed now shouldn't be there. Let's all work the stop the wars. "They" get rich off of war, they support both sides.

Most soldiers know what they're doing is "wrong", but they rationalize it by thinking there MUST be a GOOD reason why we're doing what we're doing. The end WILL justify the means. Unfortunately, they're wrong. They fought and died over money and power. "Freedom" to buy corporate made stuff.