View Single Post

Old 05-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Eternal Member
Default Re: Are there any good Italian restaurants around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokinronda
Heard Naples was the best. Mom and Dads was good but overpriced. I used to make my own "gravy" italian recipe from Gramma Bastianelli! , then found the best bottled ever. Original CLUB 400 RI recipe!! I order it by the case from RI. Perfect for my veal parm, lasagna, my meatballs, add pork and beef and simmer!!! Found Italian bread at Sweet bay and good pepperoni! YUM just finished my last bottle!! Thanks for the reminder! http://porinos.stores.yahoo.net/ Porinos beef and pork flavor is best. I'm a great cook with 25 years watching some great chefs....need ideas? ex. melt some bleu cheese in brown gravy for a great sauce for steak!! enjoy!
What a great idea for the steak sauce. I'll have to be careful not to put too much cheese in, but it sounds really good. I love to take regular stuff and combine it to form something different. And I get on kicks --- I was on a steak butter roll(?) for awhile years ago. I mixed butter with just about every spice and tried it on all form of meat. Most were quite good. Some just interesting.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e