View Single Post

Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 AM
n/a

Too many of our men and boys died for nothing in Vietnam. So, yes, that war was an obscenity. Their deaths were tragedies. Those who came back wounded, affected by Agent Orange, afflicted with PTSD deserved so much better. At least to have fought in an honorable war, not to die and suffer there.

As to my comment about the spouses and children of active duty personnel, you try sitting home and waiting and praying that your loved one comes home alive, in one piece and mentally sound. The families really don't get a respite. It preys on them 24/7. Even those in battle get down times. Add to that the constant moving, the having to learn new cultures, mores of the host nation, I'd say the families serve as much as the individual wearing the uniform.

If you consider anything I've said as disparaging, I'd say your logic is seriously faulty. Not liking what the government does is not putting down those who have the courage to go to battle. Acknowledging that military families have it rough is not disparaging the ones in uniform.

My father and brother served proudly and honorably. Both received more than their share of medals and citations. Both died way too young. I am proud of them and proud of their service. I'm just as proud of my mother's sacrifices and fears.