View Single Post

Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I totally agree on your statement "you get what you pay for". I really wish that "free executive golf" would be done away with; start charging greens fees for the execs - that would probably stop enough play to where the execs could be closed on a weekly rotating basis to get them back in shape and keep them in shape. Do I care that charging executive green fees would stop people from playing golf? Nope. It would stop a lot of the unfilled divots, unrepaired ball marks and unraked traps.
First of all, that would entail breaking a contract with 120,000 people. I think that the developer might have a bit of a problem unless they lowered the amenity fee by a percentage equal to the percentage that goes toward these courses.

Secondly, as I have stated with so many more residents TV is gaining more in amenity fees so they should be able to budget more for proper maintenance.

It seems that we have hundreds, if not thousands of employees in TV that do very little. Guards at some of the gates, some rec centers have more people than needed, greeters in the sales departments, yet, the golf courses are not being maintained.

I don't know the income and the budgets so I won't jump to any conclusions, but it's obvious that some people not doing their jobs or money is being spent in the wrong places.

I'd like to see annual dues and no green fees at some of the country clubs. That is how most private and semi-private clubs work up north. We're told that we're members at all of these country clubs but what does that really mean? We get to pay the same green fee as everyone else. We get to eat in the restaurants that are pen to the general public? It's very easy to give away something that is worthless.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.