View Single Post

Old 06-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
for ddharold...I have tried many times to get an answer why not new grasses and have NEVER got an answer. Doc is correct in everything he says. Mike will always defend the ancient practices of maintaining these courses. Palmer is still closed, anyone know why or is it still a secret. Only May are you kidding me? Our Champ courses are not good and rarely are good. Played World Woods today now thats what we should expect all the time not excuse after excuse.
LOL. If you ask Eric about me, he will tell you I don't always defend the maintenance practices here. I am on a committee that meets with Eric as well as GMS representatives on a quarterly basis to discuss maintenance of the executive courses. And we are not complimentary a lot of the time. Interesting that TPC Sawgrass is replacing the ultradwarf bermuda on all its greens this summer. The information I got at The Players is that they are putting in a dwarf bermuda. The course is closed until November to get it done. That's a lot of revenue lost, so they must have a good agronomic reason for doing it.

I enjoy our discussions and appreciate and understand your concerns. What I tend to respond to are hyperbolic posts that unfairly, IMO, denigrate the efforts I know for a fact are being made to maintain the courses. We can certainly discuss how effective they are.