View Single Post

Old 06-03-2016, 05:57 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
And you slam Bush also. Bush submitted a request for WestPac orders and was turned down. In case you are not familiar with WestPac orders, those of us that served understand the term to mean a request to serve in Vietnam. I had orders to be in the Honor Guard at 8th and I st, Washington, D.C. out of boot camp. I immediately submitted my request for WestPac orders and received them. Also, in case you don't understand anything about being in the National Guard, they also serve overseas. 6,140 National Guard members died in Vietnam. "Soft duty?" He served, regardless of anyone's impression of what constitutes "soft duty." I was in the USMC and considered all the other services "soft duty" in comparison. Right or wrong, it was Marine pride that was instilled into us in boot camp. Bush served, which is more than most of our elected officials of today can claim.
I didn't know Bush submitted a request for WestPac orders. That changes everything, doesn't it? I'll bet most people don't know that fact. It's hard to find that on the Internet.

Thank-you for serving. Me and mine are in your debt and I meant you no disrespect.