Thread: Sonnys
View Single Post

Old 06-19-2016, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Until recently we had eaten at Sonny's at least once a month. The late lunch special was really a great deal. Started at 1pm and for $6.99 you got a sweet tea, pulled pork, one side (usually took corn on the cob) and garlic bread. I would ask them to substitute the kaiser roll for the bread and make my own sandwich. Never had a problem with the food. We also liked their Wings meal. I think we got 10 wings and 2 sides for $10.99. The only complaint is whenever I ordered the side of baked beans they were usually dried out and so the cole slaw was the better choice. Corn on the cob was usually always good. I believe the last time I was there they moved the time up to noon for the special but raised the price to $7.99.

I say until recently because our new favorite lunch time place is Gators at Dockside at Brownwood. They have a lunch special that isn't on the menu, usually written on the blackboard. You get ten wings, one side (the french fries are the best) and a drink and blue cheese dressing for $10.99. I add a side of celery for like 79cents and sweet tea for the drink. They have about 15 choices for the wings sauce. We usually just take mild or no heat BBQ.