View Single Post

Old 06-25-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelJohnson View Post
Having worked on a lot of different systems since 1969, including IBM mainframes, one of the first IBM PCs, Apple IIs, a whole bunch of stuff nobody ever heard of, I discovered the Chromebook while working for Best Buy. I use it 99.99% of the time. I do use a laptop for Quicken and Turbo Tax, but in a few years I won't need either and won't need a PC. The Chromebook can't use Windows programs, but 99.99% of the time I do stuff on the web, FB, Email, Banking , etc.

The Chromebook, starts up in about 15 seconds, the operating system updates, if needed, when you start it up. Since it downs loads the system from the Google web site you never get a virus.

It comes with "Docs" which can read Word docs, "Sheets" for
Excel and something for Powerpoint.

Your files are stored on Google Drive. If you lose your Chromebook, no problem, get a new one, sign in and your back where you were.

One problem, it only uses a wireless printer (or one that goes though a PC like I do, because I'm too cheap to buy a new one
right now).

I go to the Villages Computer Club and hear story after story from people trying to deal with Windows, don't bother, get a Chromebook and make your life easier.
I installed Chrome as a web browser which is much faster then the Microsoft Edge. How do we get Chromebook?