View Single Post

Old 06-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Mikeod, I found out the hard way, the X1 box does not work at all without an internet connection, even if you have movies recorded, you have no access to them if you do not have internet access. THANK YOU COMCAST!!!!!
I like to beat up Comcast like the next person, mostly for their 800 support, not their product, but I can understand why the issue we see with our DVR happens when the Internet is down.

The developers of X1 would expect the Internet to be up to produce our menu to access the DVR. Can they improve on that? Of course it is only software, but it means that the box will need a new different menu when the Internet is down.

Sounds like a nice enhancement.

That enhancement comes down to cost to develop versus the odds of the issue happening. It has happened one time for me since I have had X1; a month or so ago when many of us were affected by a wide spread outage.

It was frustrating for sure...