View Single Post

Old 07-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Whenever you're ready to play the championships send me a message. Now is the best time before snowbirds and green fees go up Oct 1st, what they do is knock off the after 11am discount. Usually we play between noon and 1:30. I play with my neighbor, he still works 2 or 3 days a weeks, so we work around that on weekdays. I also I quit softball two weeks ago after 15 seasons in a row, so we've played the last two Saturdays as well.

My neighbor is from Mass and is a huge Red Sox/Patriots fan and he's into heavy metal and rock guitarist. We play from the blue tees, he shot a 74 last Saturday on Havana Kilmanjaro to Kenya, he's always in the 70's. He actually using a new swing since he's gotten an arthritic hip, that's why we haven't yet played this week, he was getting a cortisone shot yesterday.

I'm an Orioles/Ravens fan and big Beatles fan and we usually ride in my gas cart which has said teams stickers all over, he doesn't mind. I'm not near as good, I shot 84 last week from the Blues. His business partner usually plays with us as well, he's a Jaguars/Gators fan since he is from Jacksonville. He plays low 80's like me, but he did shoot a 78 last week from the blues and he usually rides in his cart alone, so you could fit right in.

We're in the Cane Garden area but will play anywhere from Glenview to Palmer, Mallory to Cane to Bonifay, Belle Glade to Evans Prairie to Havana. We don't get up to Terra Del Sol or Hacienda much, besides those are only 18 holes and the others I mentioned are 27 hole layouts. If you wanted to play we could probably set up Mallory since that's closer to you, although one of the toughest holes in TV on Caroline #5 is a temporary Par 3 while they redo the hole. We would probably want to avoid that nine. It wouldn't be too tough for you to shoot straight down Morse to Havana. That's one of our favorites along with the newest course Belle Glade.
Need to get up north more. Hacienda has 27 holes. Oaks, Lakes and Palms. Played there this week and the course is in great shape.