Thread: Hr 2646.
View Single Post

Old 07-02-2016, 09:03 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
"Research shows a gun in the home makes a suicide three times more likely. There are a few reasons why the presence of a gun in the home is a risk factor for suicide. First is the surprising impulsivity of many suicide attempts. Guns are also so much more lethal than other methods. Most people who survive a suicide attempt do not go on to die by suicide, but only one in 10 people who attempt suicide by gun get that second chance."
The Truth About Suicide & Guns | Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
I know what you mean. Just the other day, I was having a conversation with my gun and it told me the same thing. But, it also complained about how liberals are always blaming the guns for killing people. It asked me a very valid point. When, in history has a gun ever been convicted of committing a murder? You know, I could not answer that question.

But seriously? You think that if we get rid of guns, there won't be any more suicides? I guess by that reasoning, if we get rid of all cars, we will also get rid of all DUI's and all deaths by autos. If we get rid of all doctors, we will get rid of more deaths than are caused by guns, so lets do that. OH, and when you come back and tell me that doctors also save lives, I can say the same thing about guns.

"The CDC pursuant to President Obama issuing a decree to have them study this issue–they found that anywhere from 500,000 to three million times a year, guns are being used in self-defense. "

It is my theory, not scientific mind you, but just a theory that if we get rid of ALL liberals, we will have a safer society. It would also save billions, maybe trillions of bucks from the taxpayer, on liberal maintenance. Gun maintenance is cheaper than liberal maintenance. I bet if someone did a study on it, we could submit the idea to Oblunder for E.O. action. Hey the cost of the "red pill" has to be pretty cheap.