Thread: Hr 2646.
View Single Post

Old 07-03-2016, 05:31 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Sounds like a personal problem to me. If you can't find something on the Internet, it's your problem. Don't make it mine.

Here are some key findings from the CDC report, “Priorities for Research to Reduce the Threat of Firearm-Related Violence,” released in June:

* Armed citizens are less likely to be injured by an attacker...

* Defensive uses of guns are common:
“Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year…in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008.”

* Mass shootings and accidental firearm deaths account for a small fraction of gun-related deaths, and both are declining (2010)

* Gun buyback/turn-in programs are “ineffective” in reducing crime:

* The vast majority of gun-related deaths are not homicides, but suicides: 61%

Just a summary, since I can't very well paste all the document.
Why was "minorities are responsible for 80% of killings/shootings left out? Propaganda, can't show what a problem they really are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I'd be interested in reading that. I doubt it is true, but still interesting.

How many folks would consider a violent criminal to be mentally normal? Most foks would consider anyone that is by nature, violent to be abnormal. Just my opinion.
What would we do with the minorities? Lock them ALL up as mentally ill? That would be racist...it would also be the best thing we could do for our society.